Abstract PreparationProspective authors should submit an extended abstract of 3 to 4 pages in length, including figures, tables and references. Shorter submissions may be automatically rejected. The extended abstract should summarize the scope of the paper and the primary results and findings, emphasizing new advances, theories and/or applications so that the program committee will be able to understand the originality and the value of the work.
The extended abstract must be formatted as follows:
- Paper: US-letter or A4 paper
- Margins: 1 inch (2.5 cm) on top, bottom, left and right sides
For your convenience, the Style Manual and Conference Paper templates in various formats are available through the following links:
Accepted Papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore digital library and indexed by EI/Compendex.
Extended Abstract Submission: April 30, 2010
Acceptance Notification:June 15, 2010
Final Manuscript Submission:July 15, 2010
Each lead author must visit the EDAS web site and establish an account with a username and password. The lead author then logs in to the EDAS system to actually submit the abstract, and later, the paper via the following steps:
- Visit www.edas.info and click the New User button.
- Create your profile. Only the five fields with the red asterisk are required. These fields are first & last name, affiliation (company or organization), country, e-mail address, and status. When the fields are filled in, check the Privacy Policies box and click the Add Person button.
[note: if you select USA as the country, you will get a message asking for your state]
- You will receive an e-mail containing your password. Your email address and the given password must later be used to access the system during the following steps, so be careful to remember it.
- You can then return to the EDAS log-in page (http://www.edas.info) and change your assigned password to one that is easier to remember. To do this, click on the My Profile tab, and then click on change your password. Be sure to record your user name, password and ID number for later reference.
Submission of Extended AbstractPlease login at http://edas.info/N8305 and follow the following steps:
- Type in the title of the paper in the block and give a five line description of your paper. Then select the topic area(s) your paper falls under best.
[note: This will help in choosing the reviewers. The abstract will be uploaded later]
- Click the Submit button.
- The next page you see will have a large green check mark and a statement that the paper was registered. The last row says Manuscript, and has an icon of a yellow folder next to it. Click on this icon, and then you can upload your manuscript on the next page. Manuscript is used to refer to the PDF form of your extended abstract. You can also upload the paper by clicking the My Papers tab at the top of the screen, and then select the upload icon on the same row as the name of your paper. The upload icon (third column from the right) will open a dialog box that will enable you to select and upload the abstract file via the web or via FTP.
Problems in preparing and submitting your extended abstract? Further Information?
Contact the CIMSA Administrator:
Conference Catalysts, LLC